Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to Normal....Maybe

As I posted last, the previous two weeks were not quite what I wanted to go through. We did however, make it through (by God's grace) and we're now ready to return back to "normal". It's always difficult returning to "normal" when you've had a death in the family. I find myself wanting to call my mom and ask her if she's been by the nursing home yet. It's going to take some adjustment, especially for my mom, but I am thankful beyond words for the incredible last five years God allowed us to have with DeeDee here in San Antonio. I'll treasure every last minute we had her here! Although being with a loved one when they pass into eternity is difficult, it's one of the greatest privileges God allows us to experience. On July 30, DeeDee slipped directly from my arms into the arms of Jesus. There are no better arms to place your loved one in!

It's dawned on me these past few days that my family won't be returning to "normal" as we've always known it. Our lives now consist of paperwork, fundraising, reading and absorbing as much information as possible about Russian adoption, answering TONS of questions from family/friends and hours of prayer for our precious child. And although those things are consuming MUCH of our time, there's nothing else I'd rather be doing! I've decided I don't want to return to the "normal" Cole routine. I want to live each day to the fullest as we walk this amazing journey God has placed us on. When the storms come and even possibly knock the wind out of our sails, we will continue to put one foot in front of the other because at the end of this journey, our child awaits!! How I long for that day!

On a side note, our t-shirts arrived today!!! So, be on the look-out for my next post. I have a feeling four adorable Cole kids will be modeling them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment