Sunday, August 14, 2011

Unexpected Blessings

This week, we were the recipients of an unexpected financial gift from a friend. In the eyes of the world, this gift may not have seemed like much. To us though, it seemed like the greatest gift we have ever received. Why, you may ask? Because this gift was a sacrifice for them. It brought tears to my eyes to know that God has blessed us with friends that are willing to sacrifice of their own means, to help us follow the path that God has laid before us. I cannot explain to you how that humbled us! The amount we were given was almost exactly enough to cover the entire up-front costs of our first t-shirt order. A scripture in 2 Corinthians immediately came to mind. "For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints." 2 Corinthians 8:3-4 What a mighty God we serve! I've been taught that my entire life, but now more than ever, that truth is becoming even more real to me. I wait with anticipation to see what mighty things God is going to do next, as we follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment