Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This Past Week

This past week has been a whirlwind, to say the least! My emotions have been all over the place. I've gone from the top of the mountain one moment, to the bottom of the valley the next. That's how it is with adoption, though. Nothing is really certain, except for uncertainty! How thankful I am that I serve a God that knows exactly what's going to happen next!

So, what's happening (I know that's what you really want to know)? Well, things were a little crazy over the weekend. The media broke the story that a request had been filed by Children's Welfare Ombudsman Pavel Astakhov and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, in January to the Supreme Court of Russia, to suspend intercountry adoptions to the U.S. until the Russian Duma passes the implementing legislation to the bilateral agreement. What does all that mean? It means that it is possible that Russia could impose a moratorium on all U.S. adoptions. So, needless to say, we were a little worried over the weekend. However, after speaking to our agency on Monday, things are still proceeding normally in all of the regions that they receive referrals from. Where does that leave us? We are currently still waiting on travel dates. We hoped to get them at the end of last week, but as of today....still nothing.

We will arrive in Russia to see our little man at the exact moment God wants us to. (Not a moment too soon, or a moment too late!) God is orchestrating everything that he needs to in this adoption to bring Him glory! This is where FAITH comes in. I wait, with faith, knowing that God is "working all things together for good, for those that love him and are called according to his purpose". Even though my heart aches every moment of every day to hold our precious "little man", I will wait upon the Lord.

All afternoon, the lyrics to a hymn have been on my mind....

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment