Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's Happening

I'm actually laughing a little as I type this, because this blog post is going to sound almost exactly like a blog post a dear friend of mine posted earlier today! It's crazy how God places people in your life, walking the exact same path at the exact same time, to encourage and support you!

Our paperwork has reached Russia! It still has to get to our region (which will hopefully be early next week), but it's in Russia, nonetheless! It's SO easy to get discouraged on this beautifully chaotic road of adoption, but I learned a while back that the best thing I can do is to celebrate EVERY victory (whether tiny or huge)! So today we'll celebrate one more small victory on the way to our son!

On another note, I was introduced to an amazing website today. It's a group of women that have come together to read the same passage of scripture, at the same time and discuss and encourage one another while doing so.  I'm loving it!! I'm liking it so much, that I broke down and got a Twitter account just so I could follow the discussions better.
SheReadsTruth
http://shereadstruth.com
I'll end with something Beth Moore wrote yesterday on her Living Proof blog that hit me like a ton of bricks.

"I want to live in such a way that I know - absolutely know- after a long, hungry spell that, when the sun comes up warm and gold and the ground shimmers with manna, only God could have done that. You did it, Lord. You did what I couldn't do. You did what no one could do. You gave me what I didn't have. Made me who I couldn't be. Took me where I couldn't go. "



1 comment:

  1. Love it, and love you, sweet friend! So glad God has knit our hearts together on this journey- you always brighten by day!!

    ReplyDelete