Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Be Still

About a week and half ago, we were notified that we would probably have a court date sometime the first week of July. Well, that was 11 days ago and we haven't heard anything. To say the last 11 days of waiting have been excruciating, would be an understatement. My stomach has been in knots that I didn't even know were possible.

In my head, I KNOW that everything is working together in God's perfect timing. In my head, I KNOW that "He works all things together for good to those that love Him and are called according to his purpose". In my head, I KNOW "blessed are all who wait for Him". My heart however, is having a much harder time believing what my head is telling me. My heart is hurting. My heart feels like this waiting is never going to end. My heart feels every painful mile between me and our son. My heart just wants our son in MY arms!

I've learned these past 11 days though that even though I'm hurting and even though I absolutely DO NOT understand God's timing, I know that He loves me. I also know that He loves "little man" more than I ever could. I know that He is fighting for me and for "little man"! "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

So today, I am choosing to be thankful for the promises of God. Thankful that even when my heart aches more than I ever knew was possible, He is STILL in control! Thankful for an amazing friend that God has brought my way that speaks TRUTH to me when I feel like losing it! Thankful for parents that just hold me when I fall apart and assure me time and time again that God's got every last detail under control! Thankful for a husband that remains strong and steadfast even when I know that his heart is breaking just as much as mine is! And more than anything, thankful for a God that works out everything in His time and to His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment