Monday, July 11, 2011

What a Week!!!


Our kids with their cousins on the 4th of July


The last week was crazy busy, but lots of fun! We had our home study last Wednesday and it went great! It just confirmed how much I love our adoption agency (Gladney Center for Adoption). I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone out there considering adoption!

Besides the home study, we spent the 4th of July weekend at a family reunion in Austin and then drove down to Bayside, TX (near Corpus) to spend the actual 4th with family and friends. We had such a good time! Lots of driving, but GREAT times! Troy and I drove back to San Antonio after our 4th of July festivities so that we could get ready for the home study. Once that was complete, the kids and I headed back to Corpus Christi so that we could spend time with Troy's brother, our sister-in-law and our adorable niece and nephew. (They live in South Dakota, so we don't get to see them often.) We celebrated Caleb's 4th birthday on Saturday and the kids and I headed back home on Sunday. I feel like we've lived in a car and out of a suitcase for the last 10 days, but the time with family made it all worth it!

Since returning home, I've hit the ground running getting things ready for our dossier. I can't believe it's already time to get things together to send to Russia. We got some business cards in the mail today that I ordered to give to people when they ask about our adoption. It has our family name, blog address and e-mail address on them. I LOVE sharing our story with people and our passion for adoption. Please pass our blog address along to your friends or family that have a heart for adoption. I love getting to meet and talk to people who have traveled this road or just have a heart for orphans! I am amazed everyday at how God is using this journey in our lives to draw us closer to Him and to people who share the same passion we do. I wake up each morning wondering what awesome thing God is going to do next. At times I want to shout it from the rooftop (loud enough for our child to hear in Russia.....I know what you're thinking...I'm loud enough to probably get sound all the way to Russia!!). I know Troy and I alone cannot bring all the world's orphans into our forever family, but we can ensure that there's "ONE LESS".

1 comment:

  1. Steph. I want to share a blog with you. These are our friends from college and they have adopted 4 children, all internationally. Besides talking about kids and such, she shares a lot of adoption resources. Check it out and if you have questions she loves getting emails and helping people with adoption.
    http://browneyedblessings.blogspot.com/
    Courtney Frazier

    ReplyDelete