Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some Days are Just Hard

There are days when I can go about my daily activities and everything is fine. The waiting isn't too bad (because we stay so busy) and my heart doesn't seem to ache with each beat. Today has not been one of those days. Today I have felt like at any moment I might collapse into a ball of tears because I miss my "little man"! I want to hold him. Actually, I think I would probably just settle for knowing how he is! There's no way around it, no matter how much I wish there were....waiting and hurting. If there were a short cut around the waiting and heartache, believe me I would have found it! On top of my already insane emotions today, one of my dearest friends in all the world received word that they are for sure moving. We knew it was going to happen at some point, but it's hurts to the core when the official date is given. Some days are just hard! It would be nice to stick my head in the sand sometimes and not deal with the hurt, but that's not possible. And quite frankly (even though I may not feel it right at this moment), I don't want to skip the hurt. I know that God is using each heartache and each hard moment to make me more into who He has called me to be! He is in control no matter what my emotions or hormones are saying!! So through the tears today, I'm going to recite to myself over and over James 1:2-4. " Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." God IS good all the time! I've just got to trust My Father!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us, Stephanie! Praying for you, sweet friend!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying. I've struggled a little lately, myself. I totally understand. I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard waiting. I honestly don't remember how I survived it...but somehow I did. It's the one part of the process that I think could change... For the sake od the children really....

    ReplyDelete