Thursday, January 5, 2012

In the Waiting

I have so many people asking what's going on with the adoption and wondering why I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. The answer....we're just waiting. So often I think that I should post something, but most of the time all I can come up with is....we're still waiting. Not exactly something most people want to rush to read. As far as the waiting goes, we are approaching week 11 of our wait. In the adoption realm, that's hardly considered waiting. But, it is waiting nonetheless!

A lot of things have been going on in my head and heart the past week. The main thing that keeps coming up is that God IS IN the waiting! And...if we get too caught up in "we're just waiting", we can miss out on A LOT that He has planned for us while we wait. There is a reason why we have to wait. I have no clue what it is. I can speculate all day long, but only God knows that answer. He alone knows exactly when our child needs to come home with us. Until then, He wants me to live every day to the fullest and minister to and love those around me.

There are a lot of children out there (and by "out there", I mean probably right next door) that are hurting! Small children are carrying around burdens that most adults couldn't even handle. Sadly, we're living in a generation that see children as a burden rather than a gift. Somehow we have completely lost sight of the fact that "children are a heritage of the Lord". It breaks my heart to look around me and see just how many children have been abandoned and hurt by the people that should love them the most. My prayer during this "time of waiting", is that God will use me to minister to as many of these children (and their families) as I can. I pray that God will spark a revival in our hearts to truly see children the way that He does. Childhood lasts but a brief moment, but what happens during that time has far reaching effects. May we be the tools that God uses to help heal this young generation.

1 comment: