Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Been A While

It's been quite a while since my last blog post. This is the time of year when my schedule gets incredibly busy!! For the past couple of weeks, I've been running from one singing engagement to another and from one Christmas party to another. In the past, I've been discontent with how extremely busy the weeks leading up to Christmas are for me. This year however, it's been a great distraction. A distraction from thinking about our child spending this Christmas without us.

I've also been thinking a lot about WHY we celebrate Christmas. We celebrate because God chose to send his one and ONLY son down to this earth to save us from our sins. That's a love that is almost too hard to comprehend. That's a love that humbles me every moment of every day! Why? Because I know that I have done absolutely nothing to deserve it. That love is the exact reason why we have chosen to adopt. Our precious child has done nothing to make us love them (we haven't even met him/her yet). And he/she DOESN'T have to! We love our child with every fiber of our being (yes, without even knowing who they are yet)! We love because HE (God), FIRST loved us! When you've experienced the overwhelming love and saving grace of God, you have NO other response but to love. "They will know we are His disciples by our love." John 13:35

I hope you take a moment in the next couple of weeks to really think about what Christmas is all about. Sure, it's fun giving gifts, looking at the lights, decorating the tree and even eating yummy food until you almost feel sick. If that's all Christmas is to you though, you're missing it all together. "For God so loved the world (YOU), that He gave his one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

May God bless you and your family in the next couple of weeks as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment