Friday, September 16, 2011

CIS Fingerprints....Done

Yesterday, Troy and I had our last set of fingerprints done (I hope) with Citizen and Immigration Services. The sweetest woman did my fingerprints. When she looked at my form number (you know government forms.....they all have about a thousand digit number assigned to them) she commented, "How amazing, you're adopting". She then proceeded to ask me if we had any children at home already. I told her about our four children and I waited for her to say I must be crazy (that's usually the response I get). The response I got instead was, "I think you and your husband are awesome for doing this". I wanted to cry right then and there. You have no idea how happy it makes me when I find another person who believes in fighting for orphans. She then told me about a man and his wife that had been in for fingerprints last week. She said they had 11 children at home and were currently adopting #12 from Ethiopia. Of their 11 children, 9 of those are adopted. Wow!! Oh how I would love to meet that couple someday (whomever they may be). Praise God that people are taking a stand and living out God's call on their lives to care for orphans! Stories like that make me want to stand and shout!

Please pass my blog address along to any friends/family/acquaintances/co-workers that have adopted, are adopting or are considering adoption. I would love to talk to each and every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment