Thursday, August 16, 2012

Birthday Letter

Today is our "little man's" 2nd birthday! To say that it's been a difficult day, knowing that he's not home with us yet, would be an understatement. But, my  heart is full of joy knowing that this is the last birthday/holiday he will spend without us!


Dear "Little Man",

Today is a special day! It's your 2nd birthday! Oh how mommy wishes she were with you today. I wish I had been there when you first woke up to take you in my arms, kiss your sweet, chubby cheeks and tell you "Happy Birthday" and that "I love you". I wish I could have made you a special birthday breakfast (or snuck out for doughnuts) and had cake and ice cream with our entire family. I wish I could have seen you open gifts for probably the first time in your life. But guess what, mommy's wishing is soon going to be a reality! In less than 3 weeks, you'll be in my arms....for good! Today was the last birthday that you'll spend without us! Soon, very soon I will be there each morning when you wake up. Very soon I will be telling you how much I love about a million times a day. Soon I will kissing those sweet, chubby cheeks over and over and over. And, once your home, we'll sneak out for doughnuts as much as you want (I know your brothers and sisters won't complain about that)! I love you with everything that I am and I humbled and honored that God has chosen to place you into our family. I will spend the rest of my days making sure you know that you are loved, wanted and secure! So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my sweet son! I love you more than you could ever possibly know! 

Love,  Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment